SMK Taman Connaught
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OS

3 posters

Go down

Which Operating System (OS) do you think is the best?

OS Vote_lcap75%OS Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]
OS Vote_lcap0%OS Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
OS Vote_lcap25%OS Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

OS Empty OS

Post by tormention Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:09 pm

Pls vote for the best OS Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
(In terms of performance, security, beginner-friendly, etc...)
If you have not used the listed OS before, pls vote others to indicate your OS isnt in the list and name it. TY for the support Exclamation
tormention
tormention
Silver
Silver

Back to top Go down

OS Empty Re: OS

Post by boey Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:09 pm

hey, good poll,.....i was a full time linux user...but then changed back to XP due to the work in need to do (web maintainance)...but still love linux due to its security and price..its free
boey
boey
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tormention Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:12 pm

I will stick to XP the only OS im familiar with. I heard mac is good, but insanely expensive. Btw is vista much worse than XP? Any ideas?
tormention
tormention
Silver
Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by boey Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:30 am

well? mac ah? who told you it is good? i use it before, as for me its so difficult to use, and the mouse less function, onnly one button..and the worse part is the mac power button is at the back of the comp..imaging telling you to go at the back of ur desktop pc and switch the comp on..you like it?
boey
boey
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tormention Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:19 pm

Well i just heard from some1. Never use b4 lol!
tormention
tormention
Silver
Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Wannabe Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:07 pm

Well, Vista is a resource hogger as far as I'm concerned. With 4 gb of RAM I can run a program twice as fast as Vista in Windows XP. There's still a lot of security issue to deal with Vista, as it does not recognize many of the programs/games out there. Newbie users will have a BIG BIG problem struggling with Data Execution Prevention and User Account Control, which interferes with most programs and every thing you do in Vista. The graphics, however, is amazingly lively, that beats Windows XP 1 hand down.

Just give Bill Gates some time and he'll fix it. Sit back and relax, we'll get to enjoy Vista soon.
Wannabe
Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post by boey Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:44 pm

well, for ur info, bill gates is not the CEO of Microsoft corporation anymore, he stepped down to concentrate on his charity foundation. well, vista is a resource hogger, but the graphic is totally awesome, you pay what you get. vista is actually competing with mac osx in terms of design and user interface.

i have already tested out vista, quite fun, but then UAC and DEP is quite irritating and i have no choice but to shut down that features. function wise, the search engine has been upgraded and its quite useful.

my first choice still stays to linux, in linux, i dun even need an anti virus and firewall isnt necessary. graphic interface is quite nice. infact, the sidebar came out in linux before it vista can even exist.
boey
boey
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum